Still working on that layout. It's not going as smoothly as I had hoped.
Until then, I've been working on a new design for my Rewynd mascot.
Waffles isn't going anywhere! But there will be a new addition.
To keep with the whole fish feel.
I decided to... do a mermaid-esque character.
And before everyone starts "oh! I knew Robyn was going to do a mermaid. Disney blah! Blah blah!"
It looks nothing like ariel. So hush.
I went through a whole stage where I didn't know if I wanted her to be a fish mermaid or a whale/dolphin one. After a chat with Bakia - we decided on a dolphin.
The Common Dolphin. Which has a huge streak of yellow-orange down their side - which will fit with my logo color. Yay!
I have a colored version too. I decided to give her the extra pectoral flippers to differentiate her a bit more. The pattern on her fluke and such will be altered a bit more. I'm in the process of making a model sheet at the moment.
Not to mention I've already drawn a really pretty picture that's ready for inking and coloring. That I'll get to later today once I get home from the Eastern Shore.
It'll give me a little something extra for my portfolio/final review too.
Some professors and a fellow student told me (well after I had half of my business identity stuff done) that my stuff looked too "techy" and not reminiscent enough of a character designer.
And while I agree with the character designer aspect - I was going to add a character to the whole thing and just hadn't gotten to that point yet.
But they said my colors needed to be changed and my logo needed to be altered.
I'm working on that at the moment - so be prepared for a drastic change in the layout.
My Senior Project is complete. I got an A in the class.
Here's all the pieces put into one image for your viewing pleasure :
When I take some photos of the plushie I made for the project, I'll post those as well.
One of the background/environments that I'll be handing in for Senior Project. If I have extra time, I'll add a kangaroo peeking over the fence - until then - this is what I've got.
I really dislike doing backgrounds.
Watermark added for protection. Deal with it.